Tips for French translators
Wed, 10/19/2011 - 11:53
These are a few general tips you can use while helping translate the site:
- Keep it informal, we want Twitter to be welcoming and fun.
- Keep it short. Long strings may break the design of the site.
- Keep it neutral. We cover France, but also many other French speaking countries.
- Do not translate commands or code fragments. Copy and paste code exactly as it appears in the original string.
- Please use the Search before translating a term that may be translated already.
- Use the forum. We discuss language, tone, and other fun topics!
- If users ask you for help in general, direct them to @assistance or the Help Center: http://support.twitter.com.
- Please be respectful of other people's contributions. Some members of the community have more experience with translation. For experienced translators, please be a guide to new participants and make everyone feel welcome.
- Give us feedback via @translator or the Translation Center Forum: http://translate.twttr.com/cms/forum/36.